News from a digitally stylish world…
- This just in: Pinterest has raised a full gazillion in funding. Okay, it actually only raised $100 million and is valued at $1.5 billion. But that’s still pretty impressive, no? Kind of makes you understand why everyone is trying to copy it (as in, we’re building the Pinterest of….). via Wall Street Journal
- Glamour magazine is using social media to hype its September Fall fashion issue months ahead of its newsstand arrival. Want in? Follow @glamourmag’s #makingsept hastag on Twitter or pop on over to Glamour on Pinterest for behind-the-scenes images as the issue comes together.
- Birchbox introduces Birchbox Man. For $20 a month, guys can subscribe to receive a curated assortment of dude-friendly products ranging from shaving cream to t-shirts and socks. via Birchbox
- A recent survey by Global Language Monitor mined social media alongside traditional media sources to determine the world’s top fashion cities. The rankings put London ahead of New York and Paris. Another notable city on the list is Singapore, whose Audi Fashion Festival is raising the locale’s style profile. via International Business News
- A June release is planned for the new Sony NEX-F3 and SLR-style A37 cameras, both priced in the $600 range. Which one you’ll want to try to enhance your image-taking activities will depend on your goals. via Gadgetbox
- There’s lots of buzz about former Google staffer and blogger Brit Morin‘s new wedding app and lifestyle brand, Brit. via Web Pro News
- San Francisco’s PancakeSTACKER blogger Chandra ends up on the web site of TeenVogue (and we’re SF-based, so we have to give a shout out time for that). via Teen Vogue
More digital style news….